- Chronic criminal offenders, that is more than 10 recorded incidents, made up of just 6.3% of all alleged offenders and were responsible for 43.9% of all offender incidents in Melbourne, Australia over the past 10 years
- Over half of all chronic criminal offenders in Melbourne are under 25 yrs of age.
- More than 4 in 5 chronic criminal offenders in Melbourne are male.
- More than 4 in 5 chronic criminal offenders in Melbourne were born in Australia
- The most commonly recorded offence type for chronic offenders in Melbourne is non-aggravated burglary
- Overall crime within the Melbourne city area was down 12% by the end of 2017
- There was a 16% increase in sexual crimes and assault by year end of 2017 in Melbourne.
- Abduction, arson, burglary/break and enter, theft and drug dealing or trafficking were all down 12 to 16% by years end in 2017
Published by www.isitsafe.travel
Travel health, safety, security and risk management professionals